Parish Clerk Job Opening
Snetterton Parish Council is a small and active council with five Parish Councillors. We are looking for an experienced, organised and enthusiastic Parish Clerk and Responsible Financial Officer to work with us to represent our village. The vacancy is available from the beginning of October and is for approximately 18 hours per month. Previous experience in a similar role, together with good local knowledge would be considered advantageous.
We currently meet between four and twelve times a year and normally at the World Horse Welfare Hall Farm in Snetterton but at the moment we are holding Parish Council meetings via Zoom.
Our Parish Clerk will be expected to:
- Prepare the Agenda and take the minutes of the Parish Council meetings (these are currently recorded on Zoom)
- Advise and support the Parish Council on its Statutory Duties and financial obligations
- Handle all correspondence and enquiries on behalf of the Parish Council, ensuring that the Chairman and Councillors are kept informed by email of all relevant information in a timely and efficient manner
- Manage the Council's financial obligations, including preparation and control of the Budget, preparation of cheques and preparation of the Council's accounts for Audit
- Prepare and submit Parish Council comments on Planning Applications within the published deadlines (experience of dealing with large planning applications would be an advantage)
- Liaise with District and County Councillors (and other organisations as needed)
- Computer literate with access to the internet and IT equipment (no printer necessary)
- Updating the Council website
- Have Local Government experience and hold the Certificate in Local Council Administration (CiLCA)
Conditions of Employment and Remuneration will be based on models drawn up by the National Association of Local Councils & the Society of Local Council Clerks. The salary will be negotiable, dependant on qualifications and experience, and will be within the current Local Government pay scales.
Please send a covering letter and your CV by email to our Chairman email@example.com
Interviews will be held as soon as possible and may be conducted remotely via Zoom, or by implementing social distancing measures according to Government guidelines in force at the time. Any candidate requiring special circumstances for an interview (for example shielding, so remote interview only) should make this known at the time of their application. This will not affect the assessment of any candidate but is to ensure the Council can put appropriate measures in place.
Have any important news to share?
Contact Us to let the parish councillors know.