Parish Clerk Vacancy
SNETTERTON PARISH COUNCIL – VACANCY
Snetterton Parish Council wishes to recruit a new Clerk and Responsible Finance Officer.
- To monitor and balance the Council’s accounts and prepare records for audit purposes and VAT. Operating HMRC’s Basic PAYE Tools.
- To prepare, in consultation with appropriate members, agendas for meetings of the Council. To attend such meetings and prepare minutes for approval.
- To receive correspondence and documents on behalf of the Council and to deal with the correspondence or documents or bring such items to the attention of the Council.
- To issue notices and prepare agendas and minutes for the Parish Meeting: to attend the assemblies of the Parish Meeting and to implement the decisions made at the assemblies that are agreed by the Council.
- To support the Chairman and Councillors.
- To carry out actions as instructed by the Parish Council and ensuring progress is made between meetings.
- To ensure planning applications are considered and comments submitted to Breckland District Council by return deadline.
- To upload agenda, minutes and news to the parish website, training will be given.
- To act as an advisor to the Council on legal and policy matters. (Free help is available from the Society of Local Council Clerks and from the Norfolk Association of Local Councils)
The Ideal Candidate will:
- Have an ability to work with Councillors and the wider public.
- Have an ability to work on his/her own initiative over the complete range of Council work.
- Be computer literate.
- Be able to access the internet and correspond by email.
- Have good numeracy and literary skills
- Be diplomatic and approachable
- Be prepared to attend any relevant training courses.
Salary to be agreed depending on qualifications and experience, within the national guidelines.
For further details please contact Chairman, Helen Foley at email@example.com
Have any important news to share?
Contact Us to let the parish councillors know.